Automatically create accounts and grant access to your premium content in MemberPress!
MemberPress is a WordPress plugin that allows you to password-protect content. SamCart integrates with MemberPress, so that you can automatically add new customers to your site, and grant or revoke access to one or more of your MemberPress "memberships."
SamCart's integration rules allow you to create your own "If/Then" statements where certain Trigger Events in SamCart will fire actions inside of MemberPress.
So your Integration Rules could be something like this:
- If Product A is purchased in SamCart, grant access to Membership A in MemberPress.
- If Product B is refunded in SamCart, revoke access to Membership B in MemberPress.
- If a subscription is canceled for Product B, revoke access to Membership B in MemberPress.
Mix and match SamCart Trigger Events with MemberPress Actions to create your own custom integrations!
Let's start by integrating SamCart with your MemberPress plugin.
Integrate SamCart and MemberPress
Start by clicking over to your Marketplace Settings and, on the left-hand side of your screen, select Integrations.
Click New Integration and select MemberPress from the dropdown menu.
On the next tab, you will be asked to input a few different pieces of information to complete the integration:
1: Integration Name
2: Website URL
4: Authentication Type
Note: We recommend using the API Key as the preferred authentication type.
5. API Key / Application Password
NOTE: To integrate with MemberPress, you must have access to MemberPress Developer Tools. Available in MemberPress Plus and Pro plans. To integrate with the API key you will need to be on Memberpress version 1.1.20+.
The Integration Name that you will enter in Name this Integration field is simply a SamCart internal name that you will create for this specific integration. You can name your integration anything that would be helpful to you!
The User Name that you will enter on this tab will be the user name that is tied to your WordPress account.
The Website URL and the API Key will both be found inside your WordPress account.
Locating the Website URL and API Key
When you are ready to begin integrating with Memberpress there are a couple of important pieces of information that you will need to pull from Memberpress itself, such as the Website URL and the API Key. We have included steps below to help you locate these pieces of information!
From inside your WordPress dashboard, find Memberpress in your sidebar and click on the Developer tab. Both the Website URL and API Key will be found in this tab.
To locate your unique API key that you will enter in SamCart you will want to go to the Rest API tab (1). Inside this tab, you will simply need to copy the unique key located in the API Key box (2) and paste this in your SamCart Integration tab.
Next, to find the Website URL you will want to set the Select an API Route dropdown to Get Transaction.
From there you will want to copy the URL that is found in the Definition section. You will only need to copy the link from 'https://' to the 'v1' portion of the included URL.
Lastly, you will need to paste this link in the Website URL field in the Integration tab in SamCart.
Once you have each piece of info you need and have entered it into the correlating fields, save your settings and this completes the Memberpress integration setup!
Alternatively, if you would like to use one of the Application Password as the Authentication Type, you can check out this quick walkthrough to see exactly where to find these additional pieces of information:
Be sure to save your generated password somewhere in case you ever need to reference it again.
Creating MemberPress Integration Rules
Now that your account is integrated, you can create rules that automatically grant access or revoke access to your MemberPress memberships. You'll create those rules inside of each product's settings.
- From inside of SamCart, click on the Products tab.
- Choose any one of your products, and click Edit to view that product's settings.
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- Scroll down and click on New Rule button.
- In the popup window, select the SamCart Trigger Event that will cause this rule to fire.
With MemberPress you can create your own rule when a contact runs into any of these Trigger Events:
- Product Purchase - fires when a product is purchased as a primary product, upsell, order bump, or payment option.
- Product Refunded - fires when a refund occurs inside of SamCart for the product.
- Product Partially Refunded - fires when a partial refund occurs inside of SamCart for the product.
- Subscription Canceled - fires when the Subscription Status turns to "Canceled” or "Delinquent."
- Subscription Charge Failed - fires when your customer experiences their first recurring payment failure.
- Subscription Charged - fires each time your customer completes a successful recurring charge.
- Subscription Delinquent - fires when the Subscription Status turns to "delinquent." Delinquency occurs after 4 failed payments in a row. See more information on the Subscription Saver and Dunning feature here.
- Subscription Recovered - fires when your customer is within the Dunning Cycle and updates their card on file prompting a successful charge.
- Subscription Restarted - fires when you manually restart a user's subscription from either the fully delinquent status or canceled status.
- Select the MemberPress integration.
- Then select the action you want to take when the Trigger Event happens. You can choose between Grant Membership or RevokeMembership.
- On the last screen, use the dropdown menu to choose the MemberPress membership you want to grant/revoke access to.
Refresh Your Integration
If you ever do not see the membership you're looking for, click on the Refresh button.
SamCart will ping MemberPress and pull in all the latest memberships in your account.
When you have the settings you want, click Submit. You will see your new integration rule listed in the BETA Integrations section.
Delete An Integration Rule
Delete any integration rule by clicking the Trash Icon.
What Your Customers Experience
You can create as many integration rules as you would like. Mix and match different SamCart Trigger Events with MemberPress Actions to automate providing your customers with exactly what they have purchased.
When a new order is placed, refunded, or subscription canceled, SamCart will run through your Integration Rules and automatically grant/revoke access to memberships based on the rule you created.
Username and Password
MemberPress sends an email to new members containing their username and password.
Existing members will simply have memberships granted and/or revoked from their existing accounts. No changes made to their username or password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need access to MemberPress's Developer Tools?
A: Yes, you must have MemberPress Developer Tools (available in their Plus or Pro plans) in order for SamCart to access your MemberPress installation's API.
Q: Can I connect with more than one MemberPress website?
A: Absolutely. With SamCart's new Integration BETA, you can connect as many MemberPress sites as you'd like to your SamCart Marketplace.