Give your customers the option to increase the quantity of their order at checkout!
Do you have a product or service that customers want to purchase multiple of? Adding a Quantity field to your checkout form will allow your customers to add more than 1 of the item to the order. This not only sells more, but also increases customer spending! The quantity field is tied to the pricing, so as your customer increases the quantity, the checkout total increases as well!
Adding a Quantity field in the Content Builder
If you are using the Drag & Drop Content Builder, follow these steps to add the Quantity field to your checkout page:
- First launch the Drag & Drop Content Builder on the Checkout Design tab of your ProductSettings.
- Once inside the Content Builder, go to the menu on the right and select the Settings tab.
- Choose Checkout Form from the list and locate the Quantity field in the Checkout Fields section.
- Check the box with your cursor and edit the Max Quantity if you want the maximum quantity to be a number other than 10.
- Lastly, Publish the page in order to make the changes live on the checkout page.
Adding a Quantity field with Legacy Templates
If you are using the legacy templates, follow these short steps to add the Quantity field to your checkout page:
- First go inside the Product Settings and click the Checkout Design tab.
- Scroll down to the Fields section and check the Quantity box and edit the Max Quantity if you would like it to be a number other than 10.
- Press the orange Save Changes button in the upper right to make the changes live on the checkout page.
- Then Preview the page to view the brand new Quantity field!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I apply additional Shipping & Handling costs if a customer purchases more than 1 physical item?
A: Yes. You can customize the Shipping & Handling costs for customers who buy multiples of your products.
Check out the Shipping & Handling article for more info.
Q: Can I create a discount to apply when a customer chooses a certain quantity?
A: There is not currently a feature in SamCart to provide volume discounts.
Q: Can I add a quantity field to the Order Bump or Upsell?
A: Quantity can only apply to the main product at this time. There is not an option to add a quantity field to an Order Bump or Upsell.
Q: Can I add a quantity field to a Subscription Product?
A: Quantity will only apply to the Initial Price of a product at this time. It will not apply to the Recurring Price.
Q: Will the quantity appear on a CSV file when I run a report?
A: Yes, it will! To export a file with the Quantity on it, you will need to go to the Sales tab and then select “Sales by Product”. From there, you will choose your specific product and then select “Export CSV”.
If you have already began creating your page using a pre-made template, but want to try out a different template without having to clear all your work, I would recommend duplicating your product and trying out a different template on the duplicated product!